Sunday 20 November 2011

Anita's Vintage Fair


Today I went to Anita's Vintage Fair at Battersea Arts Centre. There were racks of fur coats and dresses which looked like they might dissolve if you did so much as look at them. Its always interesting to imagine a time when clothes were more about luxury than practicality.

The images are of the two pieces I most wanted. The bag was real leather and from the 40's. What's not to love? With all that I try to fit in my bags I need something that has proven its strength. Maybe one day....the vest caught my eye instantly. Its so unique. Its also sheepskin lined, practical and beautiful!

The best part of the day, however, was the conversation I had with one of the stall owners. She shared the history of some of the pieces she had on show and it was easy to see her passion and enthusiasm. I spent 30 minutes just riveted, listening to her stories.

That conversation made me realise why I am working at being a journalist. Its so that I can spend my life talking to people who have something interesting to say. People are fascinating. Take some time to just listen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment